Former Michigan State Congressman Tony Cutler Arrested for Criminal Sexual Conduct of a Minor
Tony Cutler has been charged with two counts of second-degree criminal sexual conduct, a felony in the state of Michigan
Cutler is the current manager of the Sault Ste. Marie Downtown Development Authority, former 105 Republican candidateand Michigan State Congressional District, former Boyne City Public Schools and Mancelona Public Schools teacher, and former manager of the Lake Street Pub in Boyne City, MI,
Cutler was arraigned on May 17, 2022 and pleaded not guilty to the sexual misconduct which allegedly took place in or around July 2021.
Second-degree criminal sexual conduct includes unlawful sexual touching. A person is guilty of criminal sexual conduct in the second degree if they have sexual contact with another person and any of the following circumstances exist:
- This other person is under 13 years old.
- This other person is at least 13 years old but less than 16 years old and one of the following characteristics:
- The actor is part of the same household as the victim.
- The actor is related by blood or by affinity in the fourth degree to the victim.
- The actor is in a position of authority over the victim and the actor used that authority to coerce the victim into submission.
- The actor is a teacher, substitute teacher, or administrator of the public school, non-public school, school district, or middle school district in which that other person is enrolled.
Second-degree criminal sexual conduct carries a maximum sentence of 15 years in prison and would require Cutler to be placed on the sex offender registry.
Sexual misconduct, sexual harassment and sexual assault are serious issues that plague the country and are common in many workplaces. If you or someone you know has been affected by these heinous acts, in an employment situation or in a personal capacity, please contact Grewal Law LLC help.